- Butter Cream
5 Kg and 10 Kg
Ingredients for Vanilla Pound cake 81/2 by 41/2 inch cake pan.
- 1 cup of Valido margarine
- 2 cups of all purpose flour, (Sponned and leveled), plus more for pan.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 4 lager eggs.
- 2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- 1/2 teaspone of salt.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat Valido margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt, with mixer on low speed gradually add flour, beat just, beat just until combined (do not over mix)
- Bake until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean
600g icing sugar, sifted 300g unsalted butter, softened.
Finely grated lemon zest
Finely grated orange zest
A dash of vanilla extract
Few drops food colouring
Cocoa powder to taste.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together, with your chosen flavouring and coloring if using until smooth. Choose unsalted butter for a celebration cake. Salted is good for cupcakes. Fill a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe onto cupcakes or smear in the middle and over the top of a 20 cm cake using a palette knife.